Toronto police have arrested a 54-year-old man in connection to an ongoing insurance fraud investigation.
It’s alleged that in May 2016, a man purchased car insurance from another man and believed the insurance to be valid. In April 2017, the victim reportedly became aware that the insurance was fraudulent and alerted police.
Charles Wallace, 54, of Toronto, was arrested and charged with:
- Two counts of fraud under $5,000
- Four counts of uttering a forged document
- Five counts of disobeying a court order
- Two counts of selling a false insurance card that he knows or ought to know is false
- Two counts of giving a false insurance card that he knows or ought to know is false
- Three counts of driving while under suspension
Investigators are warning the public to contact the Registered Insurance Brokers of Ontario if you purchased insurance coverage from Charles Wallace in order to verify if your insurance is valid.
Read more at Toronto Police Services