A Hamilton, Ont. police officer is facing a slew of charges, including fraud and drug trafficking, in connection with a 2012 criminal investigation.
Const. Craig Ruthowsky had previously been a member of the Hamilton police guns and gangs squad. He has been suspended without pay since 2012.
Police say the new charges relate to offences that allegedly occurred between 2009 and 2012 in Hamilton.
On Tuesday, Ruthowsky was charged with:
- Two counts of breach of trust
- Two counts of obstruction of justice
- Public mischief
- Two counts of weapon trafficking
- Fraud under $5,000
- Two counts of conspiracy to commit an indictable offence
- Trafficking marijuana
- Two counts of trafficking cocaine
In 2015, Ruthowsky was arrested in connection with raids conducted across the GTA targeting the “Monstarz” street gang.
Read more at City News