< Accused in Next Level fraud case released on bail - Canadian Fraud News Inc. | Fraud related news | Fraud in Canada

Accused in Next Level fraud case released on bail

The two men charged by police in the Kingston, Ont. Next Level fraud investigation have been released on bail.

On March 14, Kingston police arrested four Next Level employees at the company’s offices after executing a search warrant. Two of the four were released, while Next Level’s CEO Chris Uitvlugt, and Kenneth McGuire have since remained in custody.

Uitvlugt and McGuire appeared in bail court Thursday afternoon. Crown prosecutor Alexander Hrybinsky agreed to release McGuire on a $5,000 bond and Uitvlugt on a $10,000 bond.

Both men have been charged with fraud over $5,000, possession of property obtained by crime and conspiracy.

The investigation into Next Level Investments remains ongoing. In a news release from earlier this month, the OPP said an additional three people were arrested in connection with the investigation.

“The investigation is continuing, and through the course of investigation it’ll be determined where the evidence takes the investigative team, and if more people are identified, more arrests will be made at that time,” said the release.

Investigators believe there are potentially hundreds of victims affected by the fraud.

Read more at The Whig

This article is summarized by Canadian Fraud News Inc.